While in Paris


I met Emmanuelle over a year ago at university. She was an international student from Paris. I had just returned from my study abroad semester in Tanzania. With a big heart, a genuine smile and a beautiful mind that resembles her eyes we become friends instantly. This summer, I coordinate my flight to briefly stop in Paris enroute to Africa. I never understood the charms of this place. The films, books, romantic novels and the cultural hype behind it. Never truly cared to ever visit. I arrive to Paris. Realize how beautiful it is, how sometimes you do not know what you are missing until your heart discovers troves in the allies of life. I find a piece of myself I never knew I was searching for. We indulging in classic desserts, conversations, espresso, memories and photographs. Discuss politics and global affairs and books and boys and love stories. I leave this charming city feeling wistful. I tell myself, I must return. I must visit soon. I must unravel Paris in all its simple ways. I have become nostalgic for a city I yet have to discover.

 

About Me

My Photo
Abir Ibrahim
American-Sudanese by the way of Washington, DC. A recount of my travels and now a Peace Corps Journal.
View my complete profile

Disclaimer

All opinions expressed here are mine and mine alone, and in no way reflect the positions of the United States Government or the Peace Corps